- the class starts with basic Pilates moves to improve body awareness;
- it will improve your core strength;
- assist with breathing control;
- improves posture;
- corrects muscle imbalances;
- improves mobility in hips and shoulders and
- we also work on improving balance & coordination.
Please note the classes are not suitable if you are pregnant or post-natal.
If you have any injuries or an illness can you please get in touch before booking to ensure the class is appropriate for you.
Come along to a small class and feel the difference!
- Relaxation: the focus on breathing helps to slow the class down and aid relaxation to the body
- Consistency: classes are easy to adapt for tiredness as well as aches and pains which makes it easier for you to attend regardless of how you are feeling
- Brain Fit: learning new exercises is a great way to keep the brain fit too
- Ageing well: Pilates is a method of exercising that you will be able to do as you get older
- Shape: a toned waistline helps keep your hourglass shape
- Flexibility: Pilates exercises are design to help improve your flexibility
- Balance: My classes always include a wee balance exercises which is a beneficial for ageing well
Health History Form
Menogise: Minimising Menopause Malarkey
Looking around at the fitness classes that are available to me approaching 50, there appears to be a big jump from standard classes to silver surfer classes with not much in between. So, I have created a class that I would like to attend! Menogise is a class for women...
Why is Pilates Good For You?
What is Pilates good for? There is more to Pilates than just abs exercises, it improves your posture, balance, flexibility as well as strengthen your core
3 Ways to Improve Low Back Stiffness
Low back stiffness can occur for many reasons, but it is often because we spend so much time sitting. If you are a desk junkie, here are three simple ways to improve stiffness in your lower back.
Practice Makes Perfect?
Practice only makes perfect if you are practicing perfectly! Is any exercise better than none, even if you are doing it wrong?
4 Ways To Improve Your Posture
When we combine sitting for long periods of time with using technology we often do not have the posture we want. People often attend Pilates classes for this, but it is also helpful to do a little everyday to help counteract our lifestyles. 1.Relax your shoulders. It...
Drop in Pilates Classes Versus Blocks
What is the difference between drop in Pilates classes and a attending a block of them?
Recommended reading to help you thrive during your menopause. Mindset, hormones, exercise and eating well as have equally important roles at this time