- the class starts with basic Pilates moves to improve body awareness;
- it will improve your core strength;
- assist with breathing control;
- improves posture;
- corrects muscle imbalances;
- improves mobility in hips and shoulders and
- we also work on improving balance & coordination.
Please note the classes are not suitable if you are pregnant or post-natal.
If you have any injuries or an illness can you please get in touch before booking to ensure the class is appropriate for you.
Come along to a small class and feel the difference!
- Relaxation: the focus on breathing helps to slow the class down and aid relaxation to the body
- Consistency: classes are easy to adapt for tiredness as well as aches and pains which makes it easier for you to attend regardless of how you are feeling
- Brain Fit: learning new exercises is a great way to keep the brain fit too
- Ageing well: Pilates is a method of exercising that you will be able to do as you get older
- Shape: a toned waistline helps keep your hourglass shape
- Flexibility: Pilates exercises are design to help improve your flexibility
- Balance: My classes always include a wee balance exercises which is a beneficial for ageing well
Health History FormIf you are new to the class or returning after more than a years absence, please download and complete the Health History Form and bring it with you to your next class
Looking around at the fitness classes that are available to me approaching 50, there appears to be a big jump from standard classes to silver surfer classes with not much in between. So, I have created a class that I would like to attend! Menogise is a class for women...read more
Here are my latest video's on my YouTube Channel. You can click here to go to YouTube directly. Subscribing to my YouTube channel means you'll never miss one!read more
What is Pilates good for? Pilates is a core strengthening exercise programme. However, there is more to Pilates than just abs exercises. Your core is a group of muscles that wrap around your torso like an old-style corset. However it is often better to think of your...read more
Practice only makes perfect if you are practicing perfectly! Pilates classes are one of the few exercise environments outside Personal Training where you will be personally corrected if your alignment is off or you are performing the exercise incorrectly. This is...read more
When we combine sitting for long periods of time with using technology we often do not have the posture we want. People often attend Pilates classes for this, but it is also helpful to do a little everyday to help counteract our lifestyles. 1.Relax your shoulders. It...read more
When I am creating my class plans for the block of Pilates classes. I am also creating a class plan for covering drop in classes at gyms for holiday cover. They are similar but have a number of fundamental differences. Both drop in and block class plans will follow a...read more
My "go to" book when clients are stuck. Lot's of aha moments when reading it. If you don't know where to start with mantra's there are plenty of examples here! The best introduction and explanation of Law of Attraction in a novel. ...read more